Picture from www.ilmessaggero.it
Here’s a summary of the Prime Ministerial Decree of the 24th of October that will be in force from October 26th to November 24th:
RESTAURANTS AND NIGHTLIFE
- Bars, pubs, restaurants, ice cream parlors, pastry shops will close at 18:00.
- The maximum people allowed at the table is now 4, with the exception of families or group of cohabitants bigger than 4 people;
- The consumption of food and drinks in public places and open to the public is prohibited;
- Take-away until midnight and home delivery are allowed;
- Eating in hotels and other accommodation facilities is allowed without time limits. However, only customers who are accommodated there are allowed;
- Those areas such as squares that used to be crowded with groups of young people will become off-limits starting at 9pm on weekends (on Fridays and Saturdays). If people were to transgress the new rules they would face penalties from 400 to one thousand euros.
- Private indoor and outdoor parties are prohibited, including parties resulting from civil and religious ceremonies(marriages, funerals,..);
- It is not recommended to host non-cohabiting people.
- Cinemas, theaters, concert halls, bingo gaming, and betting rooms, gyms, swimming pools, spas, and wellness centers must close.
- Amusement and theme parks also must close;
- Museums remain open.
- Not recommended (but NOT PROHIBITED) unnecessary travel: “It is strongly recommended that people do not travel by public or private means of transport, except for work, study, health reasons, situations of necessity or to carry out activities or use unsuspended services”.
- Specific regions have then decided to impose a curfew (see below)
- 75% distance learning and 25% face-to-face in secondary schools
- Didactic and educational activities for the first cycle of education (nursery, elementary and middle school) and educational services for children will continue to take place in presence.
RULES REGION BY REGION(additional to the dpcm):
- The curfew has started from Thursday 22 October: it is forbidden to leave the house from 11 pm to 5 am until November 13, only movements motivated by proven work needs or situations of necessity or urgency or for health reasons are allowed. You are also allowed to return to your home or residence and you will need a self-declaration to certify the movements.
- From Monday, October 26th, secondary school activities in Lombardy will take place only with distance learning.
- Shopping centers are closed on weekends and fairs and festivals are prohibited.
- From Friday 23 October, curfew for 30 days also in Lazio. The traffic block starts at midnight and ends at 5 am. Movements at night are allowed only for urgent or business reasons and must be proven by a self-certification.
- From Friday 23 October, a curfew also takes place in Campania. From 11pm to 5am all commercial activities are closed and travel is allowed only for proven work needs or situations of necessity or urgency or health reasons.
- In addition, travel between provinces is prohibited for the entire day. To do this, you need a self-certification that certifies proven work reasons, proven family reasons, school reasons and/or related to training and/or social welfare activities, other reasons for urgent need or health.
- Schools remain closed until October 30th.
- At the moment only the closure of shopping centers on weekends has been arranged.
- In Turin, the anti-nightlife ordinance of the mayor Appendino provides for regulated access in 3 areas at risk of gatherings.
- In Genoa, the mayor has decreed that from 9 in the evening to 6 in the morning “you can only circulate if you go to a specific business, restaurant or bar” in some areas of the city.
- Closing of shopping centers on weekends also in Basilicata.